aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent
and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative
performance of the institution.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, effective and progressive performance of
academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes
for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the
support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in
India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/ parameters
for the various academic and administrative activities of the
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters
of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes
and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/ activities leading
to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related
- Preparation of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to
be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
IQAC will facilitate/ contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional
functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization
of the quality culture
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities
of the institution and institutionalize many good practices
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional
- To act as a change agent in the institution
- To better internal communication.